Make an appointment with a career coach to discuss and strategize a range of career-related topics. Some of these topics might include:
- Exploring professional interests
- Reviewing a resume or cover letter
- Navigating career uncertainty
- Moving past roadblocks in your job or internship search
- Handling career rejection
- Dealing with social, personal, or familial pressure
- Improving approach for finding a job/internship
- Interviewing practice for a specific upcoming interview (i.e. mock interview)
- Building your professional network
- How to market your skills, knowledge, and interests to employers
- Evaluating and negotiating a specific job or internship offer
- Non-academic job search for Ph.D. students
Appointments are available weekdays during normal business hours (9am-5pm).
To schedule an appointment:
- Login to Handshake, click the "Career Center" drop-down in the upper right-hand side of the page, then select "Appointments"
- Click the blue button entitled "Schedule a New Appointment"
- Choose the Category that best describes you (this should match your college and major)
- Select the Appointment Type that matches the reason you'd like to meet with your Career Consultant
STUDENTS MAY SCHEDULE UP TO ONE APPOINTMENT AT A TIME.
If you are no longer able to make it to your scheduled appointment time, please email your career consultant as soon as possible to cancel.
*** Appointments are reserved for current students only.
*** Depending on availability, CMU-SV alumni may be able to schedule an appointment to meet with a counselor. Please email Lauren Schachar, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs, at email@example.com to inquire about appointments.